The Bakkour Memory and Decision Lab is recruiting participants for a paid, in-person brain imaging study about learning and decision making. Participants will complete 2 SESSIONS, one of which will be an MRI scan in downtown Chicago, and the other a virtual interview.
Participants must meet the following criteria to participate:
- 18 to 35 years old
- Speak fluent English
- Not claustrophobic
- Have not had a serious head injury
- Have no permanent metal on or in their body
- Do not have a neurological or psychiatric disorder
- Are not taking medication/drugs for psychiatric reasons
- Have normal or corrected-to-normal vision and hearing ability
Participants will take part in a brain imaging study with 2 sessions:
1. The first session will be an MRI scan taking approximately 2 hours or less. This scan takes place downtown at Northwestern’s medical center. The exact location details will be emailed following sign-up. Participants will play computerized learning/memory/decision games while in an MRI scanner and complete surveys.
2. The second session will be a virtual interview with a research assistant lasting approximately 30 minutes. In this session, participants will be asked about their eating habits and answer questions regarding mental health. Participants will be emailed after the first session to schedule this virtual interview.
Participants will earn $25/hour. In the event participants wish to end the study early, partial payment will be given based on how long participants were able to partake in the study.
To sign up for this study, please email email@example.com. Feel free to also email us with any questions you have.