The Bakkour Memory and Decision Lab is recruiting participants for a paid, in-person study about learning and decision making. You will be playing a computer game called “The Robot Game”, in which you will act as a gold prospector in space. Your task will be to learn which of your robots are the best at collecting gold, and try to earn as much gold as possible. Anyone aged 18-35 and fluent in English is welcome to participate!
- Time commitment: The study will take about 50-60 minutes
- Compensation: $15 + a bonus payment based on how well you do on the task
- Location: University of Chicago, Green Hall (5848 S University Ave, Chicago, IL 60637)
- Additional information: Your eye movements will be measured throughout the game with an eye tracker
Sign-up: To sign up for this study, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up on SONA (https://uchicago.sona-systems.com/default.aspx?p_return_experiment_id=1006) to schedule times for “The Robot Game”. Feel free to also email us with any questions you have.
Research participants are needed! Control the computer with your eyes!
The Bakkour Memory & Decision Lab at the University of Chicago is seeking participants (ages 50-75) for a paid eye tracking decision-making study lasting approximately 1.5 hours.
- Must be 50-75 years old
- Must speak fluent English
- Must have not had a serious head injury
- Must not have a neurological or psychiatric disorder
- Must not be currently taking medication/drugs for psychiatric reasons
- Must have normal or corrected-to-normal vision and hearing ability
To participate or to ask any questions, please email email@example.com with “Battleship Study” as the subject line, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.